Our exclusive Selfridges Wedding collection includes:
- Two original, delicate crystal cocktail necklaces from the 1940s in impeccable condition. One has an Art Deco influence while the other is an ode to love with a crystal heart design, finished to perfection with sparkling pear drop crystals and a pair of matching earrings. The perfect heirlooms, these specially sourced vintage pieces transcend time and will delight for decades to come.
- Dramatic rhinestone bib collars with matching earrings and bracelets from the 1950s. Choose from a striking emerald and lime green crystal suite or our range of classic, clear crystal necklace and earring matching sets. Each duo, a timeless showstopper.
- Eye-catching pieces to adorn your hair. From magical crystal and pearl tiaras to simple crystal or deep emerald green slides, we’ve got a gorgeous range of glittering jewels that will suit any hair style and add a touch of effortless glamour.
- A truly fabulous range of earrings ranging from the classic to the statement. Our exclusive collection includes small, classic earrings such as Christian Dior crystal huggies and emerald clips, statement stars by Valentino, 1980s Art Deco style tutti-frutti earrings and enamel heart clip-ons by Parisian designer Jacky de G, as well as a whole host of lobe-loving beauties.
- A delectable collection of designer necklaces. For those who like to say it with a name, we’ve included a range of designer necklaces from the 1980s and 90s to add the perfect touch of je ne sais quoi to the big day and beyond. We’ve included a brushed gold medallion logo necklace by Givenchy, a timeless pearl drop Dior necklace and the most incredible Givenchy pearl torsade necklace, with an adorable floral accent.
- A glorious spectrum of colour. Whether you want to keep it classic with clear crystals and pearls, add some lustre with gold or silver or bring a showstopping pop of colour to your special day we’ve got breathtakingly beautiful pieces in deep emerald green, ruby red and sapphire blue.
My favourite bridal pieces from the collection
As well as the magical pearl and golden thread tiara, which is the standout piece of the collection, I’m especially drawn to the ruby crystal droplet necklace suite. I love this one for its beautiful array of raspberry red droplets, which sit all the way around the neckline. And with matching delicate droplet earrings, this sublime suite truly is a timeless style find with a spellbinding pop of colour.
Our Christian Dior rhinestone set huggie earrings would be our third choice. A classic from the Designer of Dreams, we (j)’adore these effortlessly chic and timeless clip-ons which will bring the perfect touch of sparkle to your wedding day and doubtless become a forever style classic in your jewel box.
Head on over to our collection at www.selfridges.com to peruse.
How to choose vintage jewellery for your big day
The golden rule – stay true to your own unique style. Opt for the jewel that instantly speaks to you or that first catches your eye. It’s tempting to try something totally different for a special occasion or to choose a piece of jewellery traditionally worn by brides, but by trusting your instinct, you’ll feel happier and even more radiant wearing your perfect jewel on your most special day.
There’s another upside to this approach. By choosing jewels that feel like you, you’ll always know just how to style them, and you’ll wear them again and again. And every time you slip them on, you’ll be reminded of your beautiful day. A true and timeless heirloom laden with precious memories.
Love from Jennifer x