Terms And Conditions
Welcome to our Jennifer Gibson Jewellery website.
The term ‘Jennifer Gibson Jewellery’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms:
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Customers must be over 18 years of age.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable, in any event. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. Should any claim be made against us in respect of the sale of any item or product, you agree our liability shall be restricted to, and shall not exceed, the purchase price paid by you for the item or product purchase by you.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- We reserve the right at all times to make improvements, modifications, withdrawals or changes of any kind to all or any aspect of our website and to vary or change these conditions on the website. Your continued use of our website following such changes shall be deemed your acceptance of change.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
This website and its content is copyright of Jennifer Gibson Jewellery – © Jennifer Gibson Jewellery 2019. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Vintage and Pre-Owned Items and Item Condition
We take reasonable care to describe the condition of our vintage jewellery accurately. By its very nature, vintage and pre-owned jewellery will show signs of a previous life such as use and wear in close-up and differs to brand new jewellery significantly in this regard. Our condition report is our best assessment and given in good faith. This should be treated as such. Please read and consider the following condition information before making your purchase.
Our collection includes items assessed to be genuine pieces of vintage jewellery along with very small numbers of ‘previously-owned’ pieces of jewellery. Consequently, items will not appear as new and signs of aging, to varying degrees, should be expected; especially age appropriate wear. Age appropriate wear adds to the authenticity and character of the piece and within reason is unlikely to detract from the market value. We aim to avoid damaged or repaired products in our collection and will typically only include such an item for sale in our collection if we believe it is merited due to rarity or historical fashion interest. Additionally, we endeavour to point out any noticeable damage in the product description and this will be described to the best of our knowledge.
For all items in our collection, we aim to describe any significant signs of wear, beyond age appropriate wear, in the product description and photographs and to the best of our knowledge. Please study these carefully before purchase. Please contact us via the contact page should you wish to discuss the condition of any item and have your questions answered prior to purchase.
Any statements made on our website regarding the condition of the product for sale does not constitute advice nor is it intended to be used as such. Items are described to the best of our knowledge.
The full price and delivery cost (where appropriate) must be paid in full by you at the time your order is placed. Preparation for dispatch and delivery will commence when full payment is received and cleared and assuming cleared payment the order will be dispatched within 48hours. If for any reason the card issuer or payment gateway does not authorise payment we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Payment Options Available
PAYPAL AND PAYPAL CREDIT
We accept all major debit and credit cards through our PayPal Payment Gateway. You do not need a Paypal Account to check out. As you process the payment there may also be an option to select Paypal Credit for your payment. This is at the discretion of Paypal and a direct agreement with Paypal.
We also offer Klarna as a payment option allowing you to spread payment. Please find below the information provided by Klarna to help you consider options.
‘In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment methods. Payment is to be made to Klarna.
- Pay in 30 days: The payment period is 30 days from shipment of the goods. You can find the complete terms and conditions for this payment method here: United Kingdom.
- Financing: With the financing service from Klarna you can pay your purchase in flexible or fixed monthly instalments according to the conditions stated in the checkout. The instalment payment is due at the end of each month after submission of a separate monthly invoice by Klarna. Further information regarding Slice It including terms and conditions and Standard European Consumer Credit Information is available here: United Kingdom,
- The payment methods Pay in 30 days, Slice It and direct debit are only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on klarna.com. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.’
Payments are only accepted in Pounds Sterling (£GBP). If payment is made with a foreign currency the amount will still be taken in £GBP, at the conversion rate applied by the relevant payment scheme at the time of processing the order. The payment scheme for this website is PayPal.
All bank charges or commissions relating to any payment made by you, must be met by you, irrespective of the method of payment you use.
An order acknowledgement email will be sent to you detailing the item/s you have ordered.
If for any reason and in the rare event we are unable to fulfill your order, we will contact you by email within 24 hours of you placing the order. Where appropriate we will work with you to find a suitable alternative or indeed arrange for a full refund where payment has been authorised and cleared.
When placing an order the information you provide in the order process must be true and accurate.
Legal ownership of item/s is retained by us until full payment has been made and cleared. Similarly, legal ownership is regained if a refund is given for the item.
Delivery and Returns
Delivery within the UK is free and with our compliments as follows.
Orders up to £150 will be dispatched via Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For Service.
Orders of £150 and above will be dispatched via Royal Mail Special Delivery Service (for Monday to Friday delivery). Saturday delivery is by arrangement.
Should you wish to upgrade your postal service for any reason, including fully insuring the value of the item or to expedite delivery then please contact us.
UK delivery services require a signature upon receipt. You will be notified of the tracking number once your order is despatched.
The time for delivery is not guaranteed by us. Please refer to the Royal Mail website for more information about these services.
We aim to package and dispatch your order within 48 hours from cleared payment.
Should you wish to expedite your delivery please contact us and we will aim to fulfil your requirements.
We charge £15 for international orders and will ship worldwide. Orders will be dispatched via the UK’s Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed Service, DHL EXPRESS or alternative carrier, dependent on the country and service required.
The time for delivery is not guaranteed by us. Please refer to the relevant website.
We aim to package and dispatch your order within 48 hours from cleared payment.
Should you wish to expedite your delivery please contact us and we will aim to fulfill your requirements.
All delivery costs are non-refundable.
Local import taxes or duties on your parcel or delays due to border processes are the sole responsibility of the customer and in no part and under no circumstances are the responsibility of Jennifer Gibson Jewellery.
We hope you are pleased with your purchase. However, if you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
To initiate your return, notify us within 24 hours of receipt to request a return indicating the order details and reason for return. To do this email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will reply within 24hours of receipt of your email explaining how to return your item to us.
The return must be received by us within 7 calendar days from receipt. If 7 days have elapsed from receipt to return, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, including our security tags and the original packaging must be undamaged.
Post your item to our return address provided.
You will be responsible for paying return shipping costs. Return shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of shipping your order will be deducted from your refund.
International returns need to be clearly marked ‘Returned Goods Country of Origin UK ‘ on the package. Failure to do so will likely incur import charges which you are liable for and which will be deducted from your refunded balance, upon receipt.
You should consider using a tracked postal service such as the one used for delivery, or purchasing insurance to cover the value of your purchase, in case of loss or damage during the return delivery to us. We are in no way responsible for loss or damage of items that you dispatch for return.
Refunds for Online Purchases Only
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund within 3 days of receipt of the returned item/s.
If approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your original method of payment.
We do not refund delivery charges.
We do not offer refunds nor exchanges for items purchased instore through our stockists.
We do not offer refunds nor exchanges for items purchased from us in person at an event, show or Pop Up Shop.
Contacting Jennifer Gibson Jewellery
If would like help with your order please contact us either via email email@example.com or call 07825345305.
Your Statutory Rights
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
THE DPA, PECR & GDPR MAY 2018
This website complies with the DPA, the PECR and already complies with the GDPR which came into effect from May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK’s exit from the European Union.
Personal Information and What We Do with It
By using our site and providing personal information either by placing an order or signing up to receive news, you agree that we can use information gathered for the primary purpose of providing you with a secure, smooth and efficient experience and to provide the products you have ordered. In particular for the following reasons:
- Administer the site and orders from purchase to delivery and returns where appropriate.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- Analyse how customers are making use of the site.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In common with most sites, some of our site functions require and utilise 3rd party services. For example technology and payment gateway providers. These include SiteGround, SECURI, Google Analytics, MailChimp, Paypal, BlogVault. Any processing of personal information by such contractors will only be for carefully defined purposes and will be conducted within the terms of their specific privacy policies and applicable regulations.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest which in no way acts as an endorsement or recommendation. If you choose to follow these links to leave our site, note that we do not have any control over that other website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in the registration form during the ordering process look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want to create an account.
- if you have previously created an account, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held about you, please contact us at email@example.com
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect as you require.